Monday, June 18, 2012

Cucumber Salad

Light and refreshing! Perfect for Summer! My family LOVED this salad! The dressing really makes it pop!



Ingredients For Salad:
4 to 6 cucumbers, peeled and sliced
1 white or red onion, thinly sliced
1 to 2 tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
1 Tbs salt (don't worry, you're going to rinse it all off)

Ingredients For Dressing:
1/2 cup cider vinegar
3 Tbs olive oil
2 Tbs honey
1 tsp celery salt
1 tsp ground mustard
1 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning (like McCormick perfect pinch)
1/2 tsp salt
2 dashes of cayenne pepper

Directions:
In a large bowl, toss your sliced cucumbers with 1 Tbs salt. (This draws all the water out of the cucumbers so they stay nice and crisp in the salad.) Set bowl of cucumbers in fridge for about half an hour to keep them chilled while they sweat out their water. Meanwhile, place all ingredients for dressing in a small bowl and whisk to combine; set aside.  Over your sink, place cucumbers in a large strainer and rinse with cold water to remove the salt. Drain well and add to a large salad bowl along with your sliced onions. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Gently fold in the tomato wedges. Cover and chill for about an hour before serving.

Recipe adapted from: Kelsie's Kitchen (Seasoned With Love)
Pin It!

20 comments:

  1. That looks so cool and refreshing. When my garden starts up, I can finally make this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good, I need to make this soon! I found you over at the gunny sack, I'd love it if you checked out my black bean salad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yumm, I am going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure is perfect for summer
    Very interesting dressing - I'd love to try it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finally got around to following you :). This looks awesome, so I"m pinning it. Thanks for sharing at our Handmade Tuesdays party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carrie! I really appreciate the follow and the pin! This salad is SO good!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the recipe! This comes at a perfect time since our garden is full of cucumbers! Pinning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much for the pin!! :)

      Delete
  7. So yummy for summer! I love cucumber salads.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so good. I bet a sprinkling of feta would be a great addition. Thanks so much for sharing on Tout It Tuesday! Hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm! This looks yummy! And perfect for summer! I pinned it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I add a small container of Feta cheese for a little extra zing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved this dressing....really easy and tastes great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely salad. It would be great if you linked it in to today's Food on Friday which is collecting salad recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd like to invite you to join me at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week! http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/11/clever-chicks-blog-hop-8-and-rural.html

    I hope to see you there!
    Cheers!
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...