Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Bell Pepper Scoops

This is more of an idea than it is a recipe. I found it on a FANTASTIC blog I stumbled upon the other day and just had to share!

Rather than using tortilla chips to dive into your favorite taco dip, cut up a few bell peppers instead. They are far more refreshing, compliment most dips, have almost ZERO carbs, and just about every cut makes the perfect scoop!



Ingredients
3 medium bell peppers, red, yellow, green
1/2 Lb ground sirloin
1/2 sweet onion, diced
1 jalapeno, diced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 cup black beans, drained/rinsed
1/2 cup white beans, drained/rinsed
1 cup grated cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 cup sour cream divided
Directions:
Brown your ground sirloin along with your onion and jalapeno until beef is no longer pink, and crumbles, drain fat if you prefer. Season with all dry ingredients, stirring well. Add in beans and let simmer just a few minutes; remove from heat.
Slice up your bell peppers and arrange on a platter. Spoon half of meat mixture into a small dish, top with half of grated cheese and half of sour cream. Finish up with remaining meat mixture, cheese, and sour cream. Garnish with additional chopped bell pepper, if you like. (It looks super snazzy!) Place your dish of layered meat mixture in the center of your platter that has the bell pepper scoops on it. So pretty! SO GOOD!

Any version of taco dip/salad would be great with this. So if you have a favorite recipe, use it! (I just included this one in case anyone was wondering what was in the pic.)

HUGE thanks to Kristen @ Make The Best Of Everything for such an awesome idea! Have a look at her light taco dip by clicking HERE.
Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. hi, i'm following the welcome wednesday blog hop. i would love for you to visit my blog and follow if you like it

    http://www.blackinkpaperie.com

    thanks
    new follower bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, my favorite flavors! I like peppers as scoops, too. I also will use slices if Jicima!
    (I think that is how you spell it?)
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bell pepper are one of my favorite vegetable to eat raw. Your recipe has given me inspiration for eating them with something other than ranch dressing. Thanks so much for sharing on Marvelous Mondays! :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recipe! Your pictures are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love bell peppers, thanks for this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Leslie!
    I will be featuring this awesome recipe on my blog today. Thanks again for sharing on Marvelous Mondays! :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea to sub peppers for chips!!! I love bell peppers so this is something I will totally do!! Thank you so much for sharing on Trick or Treat Tuesday!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...