Tuesday, July 31, 2012

California Pizza


 I'm sure this doesn't really count as pizza. Who cares! (Consider it a California thing.) It's absolutely delicious! And I do believe fairly healthy too! Don't quote me on that! And don't laugh at the crusty brown glob up in the corner. That's a hunk of burnt cheese...and it was FANTASTIC!! Burnt cheese = YUMMY!

   I love making this for lunch when I'm home by myself and craving something "foofy." That's another term for "girl food." At least that's what my husband calls it...as he's cutting himself another slice. But we won't talk about that right now. (winks)

    Top it with what ever veggies make you smile! I like thinly sliced zucchini, some red onion, and tomato. You could even toss some leftover chicken or steak on there. Or go meatless...like me!  Beautiful and delicious! Enjoy!


Ingredients Per Pizza:
2 tsp olive oil
thinly sliced red onion
thinly sliced zucchini
thinly sliced tomato
1 garlic clove pressed or minced (1 clove per pizza)
1 flour tortilla (8 to 10 inch)
dash or two of Italian seasoning
 shredded mozzarella cheese
fresh basil for garnish
Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1.) Drizzle a small amount of olive oil onto tortilla (can also use Italian dressing)
2.) Spread your pressed or minced garlic clove on top
3.) Layer with red onion and sliced zucchini
4.) Top with fresh mozzarella and a few dashes of Italian seasoning
5.) Top with sliced tomatoes and a little more cheese
6.) Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes
Garnish with fresh basil and serve while piping hot
So good!!

California Pizza will be participating in the fantastic Link Parties
Pin It!

17 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous! And Healthy! I'd love if you could link up to Thursday Food Fest at http://www.theeaseoffreeze.com. Thanks Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just stopping by from Wednesday Whatsits. That pizza looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds amazing! Healthy or not, I'd eat a slice (or four)! Thanks a bunch for linking up at the Back For Seconds Social!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Thanks so much for visiting my "neck of the woods". Hope you come back super soon and are able to share at our weekly Pin'inspiration Party (Thursdays) C:

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love homemade pizza! we would love for you to link up some of your recipes over at our party!

    http://baked-inthesouth.blogspot.com/2012/07/made-it-by-monday-link-party_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks DELICIOUS!!!! I am visiting from the happy hours projects linky. I am your newest follower! I blog over at http://www.garagesalesrus.blogspot.com/ hope you will stop by and do the same. I also have an awesome giveaway going on right now with a Cricut Machine! It onlt has hours left on it so hurry and enter!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin! Thank you! I follow both of your blogs. Love them!

      Leslie :)

      Delete
  7. It must be a California thing, because that burnt cheese looks delicious! ;) This looks absolutely amazing, and it may find a way into my lunch tomorrow! Thanks so much for sharing, I've pinned to share with the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks fantastic!!! Stopping by from the Jam Hands link party. I love fresh easy pizzas like these. Thanks for sharing and cute blog!I am your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for linking up to Tasty Thursdays last week. Hope to see
    you again this week!!
    Nichi - The Mandatory Mooch

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Leslie - it doesn't help that I am extremely hungry right now - this looks soooo good I want it NOW! I haven't made homemade pizza in a while - it is time!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Leslie - Thank you so much for sharing this at Recipe Sharing Monday! You are going to be featured in the round up tomorrow. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never had this before but it looks delish! Thanks so much for linking this up to our Weekend Wonders party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful pizza!!! I love a change from the norm. Love that this is healthy, you are literally eating a rainbow of veggies! Great, great pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really excited about this one. I am a new follower. I would be so grateful if you would link up at Mom's Library!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...