Friday, July 13, 2012

Three Ingredient Berry Cobbler

As most of you know, I like to keep it Fauxbulously simple on Friday. I found this dish on Pinterest and knew right away that it fit the bill! I had to do a bit of improvising because my son found and drank the can of lemon lime soda I had stored away for this. (Kids!) It ended up working out nicely though, because now I have a great tip to pass on to you: 12 ounces of club soda, some lemon juice, and a few teaspoons of sugar tastes just like lemon lime soda. Problem solved!

This was a BIG hit with my husband. He ate half a pan all by himself! I served mine warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side. So simple and yummy! Enjoy!





Ingredients:
2 12 oz bags frozen mixed berries
1 box white cake mix
1 can of lemon lime soda

Directions:
Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Pour both bags of frozen berries into a 9x13 baking dish. Cover evenly with dry cake mix. Pour soda slowly over the top of the cake mix; DO NOT STIR. This way it will form a nice cobbler-like crust. If you stir it will end up with more of a cake-like finish. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Serve warm. Refrigerate any leftovers.

LESLIE'S NOTES: Mine wasn't quite as browned and cobbler-like on top so I let it sit under the broiler for a minute to toast it up. Just a minute though! Don't burn your dessert! If mixed berries don't float your boat, use 2 12 oz bags of frozen peaches instead for a yummy PEACH cobbler.

Recipe Source: Living A Changed Life
Pin It!

17 comments:

  1. This will be the perfect dessert surprise for my husband tonight to celebrate him passing his instructor class! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations to your husband! It's super delish over ice cream!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! This looks amazing and only 3 ingredients! I am pinning it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the pin! :)

      Delete
  3. I love this recipe and have made it several times. It is so easy and VERY tasty.

    Wende
    The Rickett Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for participating in Show Your Stuff Blog Hop, You are invited to come back:
    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/07/show-your-stuff-32-molasses-white.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUMMMMM! Sounds like one I have to try, although my "desserts to make" list is becoming very long lol.

    Thanks for linking up with my "NO RULES Weekend Blog Party"!!

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My girls and I are going to make this tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, I'm hosting My Sweet party and I would love you to join! Check it out at http://meandmysweets.blogspot.se/2012/07/my-sweet-party-july-my-favourite-pie.html

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just made a cherry pie recently and to be honest, it was just too much work! I love that this has 3 ingredients, stuff I already have at home AND that it looks gorgeous! I bet it tasted wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I'm thrilled to have found this yummy recipe. Visiting from YGLIT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a simple and great recipe! I love the idea of the cake mix and the soda.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks delicious... and only three ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I made this with peaches and it was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Making this tonight!! Thanks Leslie :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw this on Pinterest too ans was wondering how it would work "in real life."Thanks so much for sharing on Tout It Tuesday! Hope to see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had no idea that a can of pop had that affect on a cake mix!! I can't wait to try it out!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...