Saturday, November 10, 2012

Tuscan Meatloaf

My husband is a meat and potatoes kind of guy. I know, how cliche? (But true) So I am always trying to come up with the meatiest, most potato laden dishes I can think of. Lucky for him, I am a meat and potatoes kind of girl. (Kismet!) So these type of dishes are always on my mind. And what is more meaty than meatloaf? You're right, nothing! Except for maybe a ribeye steak...but we'll save that loveliest of lovelies for another day. Right now it's all about the meatloaf! I have a few versions of this classic dish, but my Tuscan Meatloaf  is the one that gets the most raves. As one of my friends has described it, "Plate lickin' good." Now that's a compliment! Enjoy!


Ingredients:
1 Lb ground beef
1 Lb ground pork
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 tsp oregano
2 garlic cloves, pressed
2 Tbs freshly chopped parsley
2 cups marinara sauce, plus additional for serving

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, add your ground meats, eggs, milk, breadcrumbs, and cheese. Mix together, using your bare hands for best results. Mix in salt, pepper, oregano, garlic, and parsley. Form into the shape of a loaf, and place in 9x13 baking dish. Top with one to two cups of marinara sauce and bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.

*Shown served with roasted baby white potatoes. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place potatoes in baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings. Swoosh everything around so potatoes are nicely coated. Bake for 35 minutes or until fork tender. So simple!

For my lighter version of this dish and my homemade marinara sauce, click RIGHT HERE.

Tuscan Meatloaf will be participating in these fantastic LINK PARTIES
Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. Leslie,
    This meatloaf looks delicious, I WILL be trying it. I saw you on the link party at iheartnaptime.net I invite you to stop over and visit me Memories by the Mile, I'm just getting started.
    Wanda Ann
    memoriesbythemile.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me want to eat meatloaf tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this the other night, it was dee-lish!! Not a bite left over!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this tonight! My whole family is obsessed! I will be making again very soon.. but next time i will try your homemade marinara sauce as well. So yummy this recipe is perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also is there a way to make the tuscan potatoes with the meatloaf in the same dish at the same time? I only have 1 oven:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jamie!
      The potatoes need to be cooked at a higher temp than the meatloaf. I wrap my meatloaf in foil (to keep warm), and let it rest, while I bake my potatoes. I hope this helps you!
      P.S. I'm so happy you liked it!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...