Monday, December 3, 2012

Holiday Fruit Salad


I think Pinterest is one of the best sites on the internet. I can seriously get lost for hours on there! And, even though I appreciate all the ideas and inspiration I find as I click through all the pins, it can also be overwhelming and even intimidating.  (Not to mention gut AND budget busting.) If you're anything like me, you want to make and taste just about everything you see!

Well, I am happy to say that today's dish is a Pinterest find that is both budget and belly friendly. It also happens to be ridiculously simple to prepare. And is incredibly delicious! We won't be discussing exactly how much of this salad I actually ate. Almost all of it!

Pretty enough for the holidays and yummy enough for any day of the week! No question, this is one of my new favorite finds. Enjoy!


Ingredients:
8 apples, cored and cut into bite size pieces
1 Tbs lemon juice
2 cups of grapes
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
16 oz plain yogurt
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
Drizzle lemon juice over apples pieces. *This helps to prevent them from browning. Combine yogurt, nutmeg, brown sugar, and vanilla; stir well. Pour mixture over apples. Add in your grapes and chopped walnuts. Toss to combine. Let salad chill for a bit. Sprinkle with additional nutmeg before serving.

*I used a mix of red and green apples, along with green and purple grapes. If you want a more Christmas look to your dish, stick with red apples and green grapes.

Recipe adapted from Food.com
Holiday Fruit Salad will be participating these fantastic LINK PARTIES
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Yummy. Just pinned it lol.
    Thanks for posting. Buying fruit and yogurt asap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. found you via Sumo's Sweet Stuff - yummy!!!! will add this one to the list :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...